In 1914 a growing family took a chance. Frank and Lydia Stang, married in 1909, moved in the spring of 1914 with their three children from Danube, Minn., to a small area in southwest North Dakota. Prior to traveling, Frank’s brother had moved to North Dakota, and Frank followed.
Upon arriving in North Dakota on the train, Frank purchased a farmstead from Olef Olson and the deed was signed on June 5, 1914 and they began a legacy that has lasted a century.
When Frank and Lydia arrived in North Dakota, they had three children: Gladys (1907), Bill (1909), and Stella (1911). They would expand their family over the next 19 years with three more children: Leonard (1915), Viola (1923), and Janice (1933).